Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Testing, 1...2...3

I am going to Africa September 25th to teach English. In particular, I am going to Mozambique. So, in the two months before I am to leave, I have created this blog so that I can share my experiences. I will be gone for 27 months so I should have dollops of things to say while I am there - as long as I have internet access. I am excited and thrilled right now and I'm figuring the nervous part sets in about a week before I go. Two years is a long time to be away from family and friends. My first real grown-up experience. I really don't know what to expect because I don't know what type of living conditions I'll have once I settle in or the type of community I'll be living in until December. I go through a 3-month period of training in Maputo until December. I then put my nose to the grindstone for two years and come home in December of 2009. If I like it enough and feel like I have been useful, I'll extend my stay a year. I've wanted to go to Africa for the longest time and now it's happening. Stay tuned.

No comments: